Job Posting ID: VOLVJP00025769
Job Posting Title: Engineer/Konstruktör CAD / MEK / UTV level 4 [ME]
Senior Catia V5 Mechanical Engineer At the engineering department of EPS (Electrical Propulsion System), we are responsible for design and delivery of the technical solution of electrified vehicles.
The organization is divided in three areas, Electrical Drive Systems (electrical machines and inverters), Battery Systems, Power Supply and Charging System. Each area covers the complete product development, mechanical, electrical and software. The department, 97332 Mechanical and Electrical Design, is responsible for designing HW components for the Traction Battery System.
You will be part of an engineering team that develop engineering solutions that fulfill attribute requirements and manufacturing process demands within decided cost and time frames. The work includes contacts with other engineering departments, CAE teams and manufacturing engineering within our company as well as with external suppliers. We are looking for one Senior Catia V5 Mechanical Engineer
The work consist of Mechanical Integration design work of HW battery structure components such as sheet metal parts, aluminum extrusions, attachments and joining. The assignment work also includes:
• Catia V5 Mechanical metal engineering
• Contact with CAE, other R&D members and manufacturing to agree of required progress
• Ensure that the technical documentation (3D Model, TCE, 3DPMI) is available at the right level and at the right time
• Optimize packaging of components towards surrounding environment and defining requirements on surrounding systems / components in order to make the design work as intended.
• Participate at package meetings for resolution of mechanical conflicts and clearances issues.
• Experience as a design engineer for mechanical HW for at least 10 years
• Skilled in CATIA V5 and Team Centre Engineering (TCe)
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Technical education at university level or equivalent experience
• Structured way of working, and good documentation skills.
• Positive attitude
• Self-driven, result-oriented and flexible
As a supplier to Volvo Cars, you agree to comply with our business rules, stating that we do not accept any type of backdoor selling from external parties. Please be aware that you are not allowed to present Candidates, CVs, and/or discuss and negotiate rates and terms directly with managers at Volvo Cars. Applications by e-mail will not be accepted due to GDPR.
Level 4 Specialist: 10 years working experience or more within relevant area
Knowledge: Generalist skill, unique competence within delimited technical area.
Leadership: May have main responsibility with a leadership role over a larger group.
Coordinator: Consultant Management
Job Posting Start Date: 2023-10-02
Job Posting End Date: 2023-12-31
Department: Battery Electrical Thermal & HW